Monday, December 7, 2009

12/7/2009

Today I got the chance to spend the day exploring Paris. On our way to Madagascar, our training group had a 30hr layover in Paris, so many of us took advantage by heading out into the city to enjoy the day. I went to the Eiffel Tower, walked along the river, and enjoyed some small luxuries before heading back to the hotel and getting ready to fly to our next destination. I can hardly believe that I'll be landing in Antananarivo tomorrow evening to start a new Peace Corps training program. I was so sad to leave Niger, but I'm looking forward to learning Malagasi and getting to know yet another new and different culture. Wish me luck! And please be patient with the blog update and email responses, as I have no idea when I will have internet access next. Until then, enjoy these pics from my day in Paris, and have a wonderful holiday!

Christmas lights along the Champs Elysee


La Tour Eiffel
A typical French scene
La Seine

No comments:

Post a Comment